Saturday, December 09, 2006

What a mess!

Last year for our church Thanksgiving party I doubled my broccoli casserole recipe to take. As I was trying to get out of the door the whole thing landed upside down at my feet. I still can't believe what a mess that was! Then at this year's Thanksgiving party I tried to take a brownie dessert with a cream cheese, cool whip, and chocolate pudding layered topping. When Nate set it down on the seat of the car, half of topping slid off -- yes, all over the seat. That one was actually salvageable since there was so much cool whip on top I could respread it around. Tonight we had a Christmas party at church, and I should have learned my lesson by now, but Nate volunteered us to take a pot of chili. It was fine until I came to a stop sign and the chili ended up all over the floor of the car. Next time we have a church function I'm volunteering to bring a bag of chips.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

hahaha. i laughed out loud when i read this. you could probably do plates or paper cups, too. ;) it sounds like you've got a good sense of humor about the whole thing. probably by this time, its so ironic that is funny. what are the odds?

Susan said...

Plates and cups sound good. Or I thought maybe a bottle of Sprite. What luck, huh?