Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Before and After

Here are pictures of some changes we've made so far in our house. More will be coming this week. The lighting in the first picture is bad, but that's what you get when you take a picture of a bright window and don't have any great photo software. So, here's our kitchen before...

And after... Don't forget to notice the change in chandelier. Hard to believe we just accepted that old monstrocity for two and a half years.
I also changed out the light fixtures in the halls and bedrooms and bathrooms. This is what was in the bedrooms before ...
and after ...
It was so hard to pick out new fixtures. Maybe I didn't get the best option, but there is no doubt that at least this is better. My problem was that we have all brass knobs, which is very outdated and nothing matches.

5 comments:

Kim said...

It looks GREAT!!! Where are you finding the time & energy to do all of that?! I love that color green.

Kellee said...

You are a great painter! I love the changes. Hope you can sell your house soon.

Kristen said...

I really love the color, too. Everything in our house is neutral, so I would love to add some color around here and there.

Susan said...

Thanks! I'm really enjoying it, so whether the house sells or not, I'm glad we did it. The guys should be coming tomorrow (they were supposed to come two days ago) to start in the living room. I'm so glad we hired out the rest of the job -- I'm exhausted!

Brigette Little said...

I LOVE the color! It looks awesome!