Saturday, April 19, 2008

We're Almost Done

The work on our house is almost done, and it was so nice to dust and vacuum and mop today (okay, Nate mopped). All the construction dust was driving me crazy, but I was actually very impressed with how neat the guys kept everything while they were working. They just have to replace the laundry room flooring and tack down the carpet in the living room by the new wall and they'll be done!

This is our piano room before. It's too bad you can't see the awful chandelier we changed, but then again it really wasn't worthy of a photograph. How do you like my dad's painting with dead trees? I think it's neat that Dad painted it, but no it's not going back up.
Here is the piano room now. Even though the picture is fuzzy, I still think it looks better. I really like the color. I'm going to need new curtains, but they are staying for now.

Here is our weird wall with 3 doors before. They took out the 2 closets and extended the laundry room behind this wall, so that we didn't lose the closet space.
And this is what it looks like now. Notice the red foyer that is now not. I actually liked the red, but I really like this a lot better. Now the trick is to figure out what to decorate this wall with. It may stay empty for a while because I'm not putting anything up unless I really really like it.
And this is just a shot of before with my dad's stormy sailboat painted on styrofoam ... cool, but not pretty.
And we just hung up some pictures of the girls. I think it looks a lot better. If only I could pick out some greenery or something to go over the TV cabinet. Oh, this decorating is so hard!!

Well, there it is. Our new house. Any decorating tips anyone? This is so not my forte.

1 comment:

JW and Alli said...

Love the pictures Susan. I think you did a great job. Yes - pick out some greenery or decor for above the tv cabinet. I'm excited to see it all in person. :)