Thursday, April 03, 2008

My Take on American Idol

Alright, I'll admit to being an American Idol fan, and I feel it is time for me to weigh in with my opinion of this year. I like more contestants this year than I have in years past, and I actually don't know who I want to win yet. I think Chikezie got voted off too soon -- Kristy Lee Cook and Ramiele should have gone before him. Other than that, I think those voted off have been the ones who should have gone. I was hoping it would be Ramiele last night, which it was. I like her voice, I just haven't ever really liked anything she sang. And what on earth was she wearing last night?!! That was the worst outfit. I agreed with Simon about the fashion issue with Carly Smithson. I was really happy to see her wear something with sleeves last night. Maybe the tattoo on her arm shouldn't affect whether I like her, but honestly I can't help looking at it and wondering what kind of a picture it is when she wears sleeveless tops every performance. I think I would most likely want to listen to albums by Jason Castro and Brooke White. I like their musical style. I don't know why Jason has been in the bottom three so much when I actually like the way he sings. I knew Syesha was going to do the Whitney Houston song when they said it was Dolly week, and I knew they would chew her up for it. You would think from past years the contestants would learn not to sing a Whitney or Celine Dion song. The judges will never say the contestants measure up to them. I really like David Archuletta's voice, too. And I like David Cook, but I don't really like watching him. I don't know, last night he admitted to being a slob and that's kind of what he looks like to me. It's always interesting to see what he's going to do with his songs, but I don't know if I would actually buy an album of his. So I guess Jason Castro, Brooke White, and David Archuletta are my favorites. I do wonder if I cheer for Brooke and David A. because they are LDS. I don't know, but I do like their singing, too. So there you have it, my waste of time on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. =)

2 comments:

JW and Alli said...

Can you believe that even with seminary Jay manages to squeeze in Idol on Tuesdays? It is the only TV show that he watches (other than the occasional Carolina game) and quite high on his priority list. Of course I watch it too. Can't miss it. How many shows are there that are that entertaining?! So - you aren't alone in your Tuesday waste of time. :)

Kellee said...

I'm jealous! I used to love watching Idol. We haven't had tv (only movies) for 2 years. Idol is one of the only shows I really miss.