Saturday, June 28, 2008

Honey Grilled Shrimp

I am no good at cooking seafood, but tonight we made this recipe and it was so good! I was so impressed with myself for finding a seafood recipe that I can make that I really like. It was pretty easy too, except peeling raw shrimp is just gross.

Honey Grilled Shrimp

1 cup Italian salad dressing
1 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined

In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, honey and garlic; set aside 1/2 cup. Pour remaining marinade into a large ziploc bag; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade for basting.

Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes, turning once. Baste with reserved marinade. Grill 3-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink, turning and basting frequently. Yield: 8 servings

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm really nervous about seafood, particularly shrimp b/c the cooking time is so much less than what I usually cook that I can hardly believe it is done in that short of an amount of time. The last time I made shrimp I cooked it way too long and it was very rubbery. Maybe I'll be brave and try again. :)

Susan said...

If I can make this Kristen, I know you can do it. It is hard to believe that seafood gets cooked so quickly. My fish usually ends up burnt because I'm never confident that it really flakes enough with a fork when I test it, so I understand what you mean.