Friday, June 13, 2008

This and that

I painted the baby's room today. It felt good to actually be doing something to prepare for the baby. I decided that I'm not getting any smaller so I better go ahead and get it done while I can still move. Then I took an hour and a half nap on the couch this afternoon. The girls were so nice to me. When they realized that I really couldn't wake up after about 10 minutes, they let me be. I had no idea I was asleep that long, but it felt SOOO good.

Can you get varicose veins on your ankles? I'm afraid that's where I'll get them, at least the spot where my ankles should be. They are nonexistent right now -- carbon copies of Grandma Bass' ankles and feet when she was 80!! I've never had swollen feet before, so it's interesting to me. But then, I surprise myself whenever I look in the mirror, too. Maybe I have more in common with her than I thought. =)

And hooray for 91 degree weather!! I just couldn't believe it last week when we had several days in a row of 100+ degrees. My daffodils didn't survive, but I feel pretty good that those were our only casualties in the yard. It's now perfect beach weather, and we have a day planned for next week to go. I can't wait.

Sometimes I just can't believe how good my girls are to me and how much I enjoy being with them. This afternoon they wanted me to play some ballet and tap music on the piano so they could dance. Of course I could play around on the piano for them! It was so fun to just play anything and they loved it even with wrong notes everywhere. They had fun trying to decide if they should do tap or ballet on each song. It's just fun to be with them, and sometimes it's the simplest activities that are the best.

No comments: