Monday, June 30, 2008

Honey Bun Cake

Okay, one more recipe. New things I try to cook don't always turn out, so I get excited when something works. I made this for dessert for our family dinner last night, and there are no leftovers this morning, so it must have been alright. It really was good, and it really did taste like a honey bun.

Honey Bun Cake

1 yellow cake mix
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped pecans (since I was making this for the Bass family, I left this out)
3 tbsp. cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar

Mix cake mix, oil, eggs and milk together and pour into a 9x13" pan. Mix nuts, cinnamon, and brown sugar together and pour over batter and swirl into batter with a knife. Bake 50 minutes at 300 degrees. Remove from oven and pour glaze over cake.

For Glaze combine: 1 cup confectioners sugar, 3 tbsp milk, and 1 tsp vanilla.

1 comment:

JW and Alli said...

Thanks for the recipe! The cake was great!