Monday, July 21, 2008

34 weeks and counting

It has become all too easy for me to complain about being pregnant, when in reality this is such a miraculous time. So, I'm trying to think about all the reasons it is wonderful to be pregnant.
  • I get to eat frequently, and since I have had no problems with my blood sugar or anemia I have been eating whatever I want. I could say that I have had weight-gain issues, but really at my last check-up I had only gained 1/2 lb. in 2 weeks! Wahoo, maybe I won't catch up to Nate after all! We'll see at my appointment tomorrow if that trend has continued.
  • I take naps all the time! I've always loved taking a nap, and now it's almost impossible not to take one. Last week I even took one in the morning after the extreme effort of just taking a shower and getting ready. =)
  • Hannah and Nikki and Nate are so sweet to me. I get lots of hugs and kisses, and they are the only ones I like touching my tummy. Everyone else can just back off until the baby actually comes. You're not rubbing my baby, you're rubbing me! But I think it is sweet when Nate and the girls show interest and want to feel the baby move.
  • Water has never tasted so good to me. I'm so thirsty all the time, and I have an unlimited supply of ice water right at my fingertips with the push of a button on my refrigerator. How on earth did pioneer women make it?
  • I still have one pair of sandals that don't squish my feet! I don't even care that they're brown and my one remaining skirt is black.
  • Overall, I feel really well and I have for most of this pregnancy. I never even threw up, and my sense of smell really doesn't make me nauseous anymore. I can still smell everything, but it doesn't affect me so much.
  • There were a couple of issues with the baby that the doctors wanted to check out early on, but they cleared up on their own and things have been moving along right on schedule. Hopefully, he'll be a happy, healthy little boy.
  • And finally, the best part of being pregnant is the amazing miracle that it is to feel the little life inside of me! And to be able to watch my stomach roll around as he does his somersaults. I never get tired of feeling him move. I think this is probably the part of pregnancy that makes all the discomforts bearable.

There, now I think I'll take a nap. =)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Way to see the positive! It almost makes me what to go again.....in a couple years! I'll make sure Julie checks this out.

Kellee said...

You nailed the great things about being pregnant. But...I'm glad it's not me! Hang in there. Just a few more weeks to go!

Susan said...

Once again I only gained 1/2 lb. in the last two weeks! You can't imagine how excited I was to see that on the scale. So, do I forego the ice cream tonight to stay that way, or do I celebrate? Hmm... Life's full of tough choices.

Kim, I think it might take another couple of years before I could even think about being pregnant again. You're a much better woman than I!