Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Gymnastics

I took the girls to a free trial gymnastics class Monday. When they woke up in the morning they asked me how much longer before it was time to go, and then they asked at least once every hour throughout the day. The idea to try gymnastics originally came because Nikki did so well in the tumbling part of dance class. It is pretty amazing to see a 4-year-old do a cartwheel like she could. So, I knew Nikki would enjoy it and do well with it, but it was so fun to watch how excited Hannah was. There was a small section of bleachers for the parents to sit and watch in the gym, and I couldn't help but smile at Hannah as she bounced around and was was just having so much fun during the class. They both did really well, and the teacher told me afterwards that they could move up to the intermediate class. I'm so excited for them to have an opportunity like this. I was watching some of the older classes in the gym and I was getting tired and sore legs just watching those girls. I think it will be really good for them. It will cost more money and be a farther drive than dance class, but like I told Nate that night, the money really doesn't matter after watching them both be so excited and do so well with it. They are already asking how many more days until they can go back. I'll have to take my camera next time.

1 comment:

Kellee said...

Awesome!! I'm not surprised that they did well. I haven't seen Hannah do cartwheels, but I bet she is good like Nikki too. Karoline still misses gymnastics a lot!! It doesn't get too expensive until they start competing. Karoline was just invited to start and I couldn't believe how much it would have cost us then. Hope they enjoy it and can just have fun and not be pushed into competing.