Wednesday, July 30, 2008

For Sale or Rent

I'm planning on calling a realty rental agency today to have them list our house for rent. Crazy, huh? I don't think we've really talked about doing this to anyone, so it probably will seem like another of our spur of the moment moving decisions. I think when we moved from Utah to Georgia we only had two weeks' notice that we were going. Moving really doesn't phase me anymore, but it has been a long time (close to three years) and I've never done it while being 9 months pregnant. But this is an idea that we've tossed around for a while, and we had the rental agency come out yesterday to look at our house and talk about the details of renting it. There are lots of pros and cons to whatever scenario we decide -- rent out the house or sit here waiting for it to sell. We'll see what happens. We'll probably just end up sitting here waiting for it to rent or sell. But there is supposed to be an influx of people coming onto the Air Force base here in the next couple of weeks just before school starts (although I can't tell you how many times I've heard that over the last year and a half that we've had our house up for sale). So wouldn't it be nuts if we ended up renting our house out and moving in the next couple of weeks? And where, oh where, is this baby going to fit into it all? Will we ever settle down?

3 comments:

JW and Alli said...

You have mentioned this to us and we talked about it a bit. Well if you had to move in 2 weeks all that packing might just throw you into labor - that could be a good thing! :) I guess time will tell.

Kristen said...

I'm sure this leaves your life a little unsettled, but I think its a good idea. Sometimes its nice to do things quickly--not so much waiting around and dragging things out. And the labor thing would definitely be a plus. I've gone over each time and would love something to send me into labor even a couple of days early. :) My sister-in-law always goes early, so b/t what she's gone early and I've gone late, she's been pregnant almost 2-3 months longer than I have. Yeah, I'm envious, but I can't complain too much. :) Anyway, good luck with the house, whatever happens. I think you're brave. :) And know that whenever you move, we'll be glad to help you on this end of things.

Kellee said...

The best move ever for me was when I was 8 months pregnant with Savannah. It was awesome!! I packed a box and left it there until Joe got home to move it. No one else would let me lift a thing so I just directed traffic. Robin, JW and Alli helped us then. So, it's a great time to move. I'd rather move while pregnant than when having a newborn. Good luck!!