Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The 4th


Over the whole weekend of the 4th this is the only picture I took. Isn't she cute? This is my niece Eliza after playing outside all afternoon and eating plums straight off of the tree. The picture really doesn't do justice to how dirty her mouth was. We had a great visit at Nell's house with her family, and Mike & Sherrie came too. A weekend at Nell's house is always wonderful. We walked to the end of her street to watch the fireworks across the sound, but her neighbors were putting on just as good of a show right above us. We were even able to visit with some of our good friends from Chesapeake, Lila Watts and Sabrena Penalba, whom Nell had invited for the fun on the 4th. It was so good to see them, and on Sunday Lila came to church with her son Garrett. Oh I wish I had taken my camera. He was almost as tall as Nate (he's only 13!), and the last time I had seen him he was just the tiniest bit shorter than me! When we got home Sunday evening Nate was sweet enough to tell me to just relax while he unloaded the car, and I fell asleep on the couch while he cleaned up and gave the girls baths. I really didn't have a reason to be so exhausted since Nell didn't let me do anything but eat and relax. I love holidays!

1 comment:

Kim said...

that is an adorable picture! What a smile!