Friday, December 19, 2008

Gingerbread


I wasn't so much of a grinch when it came to making our gingerbread house. We had a lot of fun with it. I didn't realize when I bought the kit that the house was already pre-assembled, but that was fabulous! I didn't have to stick cans of green beans inside to keep it standing up this year! And I took a page out of Kellee's book, and the girls dug right in and enjoyed it two seconds after they finished decorating it. I think it always tastes so gross, but it's just fun to have that much sugar concentrated in such a small space.

4 comments:

Kellee said...

Great pics! I don't think they taste that great either (at least the store bought ones). And I'm not good enough to do the homemade ones!

Nikki looks more focused on the camera and Hannah looks more focused on the art project :)

Kristen said...

Love the pictures! I think we're going to make Christmas Trees. You know, use sugar cones, cover them in green icing and decorate them with candy. I think it will be less work than gingerbread houses. My family did those every year. I wonder how my parents did it. I can't imagine. I thought about your last post and I'm with you on the Santa thing. I think your quote says it all: "I'm just about ready to be done with the jolly old man anyway. I want to give my children presents. Why should he get all the love and gratitude? Because you know that Nikki doesn't care about anything else except what Santa is bringing no matter how much we have talked about the Savior and doing things for other people this year." I couldn't have said it any better than that. Merry Christmas!!!

Kim said...

Love the picture collage! I also love the green bean can idea....never thought of that. I say let the kids have the rock-hard gingerbread house...I'll enjoy a big fat bowl of ice cream!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you've had a wonderful one! Love ya!