Saturday, December 06, 2008

Live Nativity


We had a neat experience tonight that we may never have again. Our stake puts on a live nativity every year, and Nate and I volunteered to be a part of it with Baby Ryan. Of course that made us Mary and Joseph and the Baby Jesus. I think I've only ever played the part of an angel in any rendition of the nativity. I'm sure Mary wasn't wearing glasses and the Baby Jesus probably didn't need a pacifier, but even with those deviations from what the real scene may have really been like, I felt very blessed to be a part of this reenactment. What must it have been like for Mary to have people come to worship her son? How humbling an experience that must have been. How filled with awe she must have felt. I know the love that I feel for Ryan is incredible, and I'm sure that is something of the same kind of love that filled her heart for her Child. Ryan is so pure and innocent, and it is amazing to think that the Savior never lost those qualities. How wonderful it must have been to just be around Him. I am so grateful for the perfect life He lived and the infinite atonement he performed.

5 comments:

Chris and Molly said...

What an awesome experience Susan! You were the perfect Mary, you are so kind and humble. Miss you!

Molly

Kellee said...

That is too cool! I always wanted to be Mary...what little girl didn't?...but like you, I was always an angel. I bet your girls loved seeing you guys a part of that.

Kim said...

That is a cool experience. I got to be Mary when I was pregnant with Jayden, which was perfect for the 'trying to find an inn' scene, but more awkward for the 'manger scene.' It was a humbling experience....really made me think more about what they went through. I was grateful to drive home in my heated car instead of a donkey.....

Brigette Little said...

Awesome...what a neat experience.

Susan said...

Molly, thank you, that was really sweet. I miss you too, and it's sad that I don't even have the chance anymore that I might see you when you go visit your grandma in Goldsboro. You'll have to let me know if you're heading up to Raleigh sometime.