Monday, June 22, 2009

Good Food

Holidays mean good food, right? Just one more reason Father's day was very enjoyable to more than just the father in our house yesterday.

This pizza was so pretty I just had to take a picture of it. It tasted great, too!Thanks, Brigette, for a great pizza crust recipe. We love it! Wouldn't my mother's mouth drop open if she knew I voluntarily put green peppers on the side of the pizza I planned to eat?! :)

I didn't take a picture yesterday of the cinnamon rolls we made for Nate's breakfast in bed, but I should have. Oh, delicious. I posted my cinnamon roll recipe before, but I actually found an easier way to make them and it uses whole wheat and they still taste like awesome Cinnabon ones. I just used my regular bread recipe, well I admit I added an extra tablespoon of sugar because I wanted to make sure they were good but I don't know if that made a difference or not. Then I mixed in my Kitchenaid: 1 c. packed brown sugar, 1-2 T. cinnamon, 1/3 c. butter softened. Can I just say how much I love my Kitchenaid?! Then you smear that over the rolled out dough, roll it up jelly-roll style, and slice it with dental floss. Bake @ 350 for 20 minutes and top with some kind of icing, and oh yeah.

Thank goodness we're going on vacation this week because I'm ready for some more good food!

3 comments:

Kim said...

That pizza looks so yummy! I've got to try her recipe. Oh, the cinnamon ones.....hmmmmm...I can smell 'em now!

Kristen said...

That looks delicious!!! Oh my. :)

Brigette Little said...

Looks good! Glad it worked well for you!