Friday, June 19, 2009

I can do a sit up!

I haven't been able to do a real sit up since my back surgery almost 12 years ago, but I can do them now. It's still hard. When I'm coming back down to the floor my back feels like it weighs a ton, but that's okay. I'll keep getting better. Today I finished my 10-week exercise assignment for my physical education class through BYU. Yeah, I've lost some weight, but the part that is really great to me is how GOOD I feel. I have energy. I can run up the stairs with Ryan, well maybe not run, but he's really heavy and he doesn't wear me out too quickly. The other day I felt like dancing in the dressing room at Old Navy. Can't remember the last time that happened. Anyway, it has really been a good 10 weeks. I'm really proud of myself for what I accomplished, and I'm excited for what I'll accomplish in the next 10 weeks.

5 comments:

Kellee said...

Dancing in the dressing room? You must've really liked your reflection. haha

That's awesome you feel great. I could use your energy.

Brigette Little said...

Good for you! Remeber when you went to aerobics class with Julie and I in CA and the instructor was all over you about curving your back while doing the situps? Too funny! Congrats!

Kim said...

Congrats! That's really good. I haven't had the dance-in-the-dressing-room feeling in a long time, if ever. I need your program! Today is the 6 week mark since my surgery...I am allowed do sit ups again....did I? nope.

Kristen said...

I can do a sit up too, I just don't. Lame, huh? You're so awesome!!!

Susan said...

I wanted to dance because every pair of pants I took into the dressing room to try on was too big! Maybe they just changed the sizes since I went shopping last. And I completely remember that aerobics class with you and Julie, Brigette. That was such a fun visit!