Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Things I want to learn and do in my life ...

  • Learn to play tennis -- someday I want Nate to be excited to play with me not just because it's time for us to be together but because I can give him a good game
  • Decorate cakes -- I would love to be good enough to decorate wedding cakes
  • Learn Spanish
  • Finish my Bachelor's degree (only 25 more credits to go!)
  • Become AGO (American Guild of Organists) certified, BYU has 6 classes that lead up to that. I’ve taken the first one, and I loved it. It’s very time-consuming and very expensive, so this will definitely be a life-long pursuit
  • Learn to sew
  • Learn to use food storage in a tasty, healthy, & economical way
  • Learn to enjoy gardening and growing flowers -- I don't like working in a flower bed but I feel like it's a skill I should have, so it would be nice to both become good at it and enjoy it
  • Crochet blankets like Kellee
I have minimal skills in all of those areas, but it is exciting to have so much to learn and do in this life. Add to that the fact that I stay pretty busy being a mother, wife, and homemaker, and the gospel study that I want to do each day, and I think it’s good that summer is here when the sun is up a little longer each day!

2 comments:

Kellee said...

That's a great list. I should sit down and think about my educational goals. I've thought about them but haven't written them down. That makes a difference.

Hope the crocheting is coming along :)

Kim said...

Great idea to write a list down. By the way, I can't imagine why growing flowers isn't at the top of your list of enjoyable things to do!?! I think we're all scarred!