Friday, April 02, 2010

April Fools!

I finally got Nate with a good April Fools joke! The girls really wanted to do something and had three or four plans to get him. Doesn't this chocolate cake look yummy? I turned my cake pans upside down and frosted them. It was perfect because it was lopsided just like I would normally make a cake. :) Nate was in a hurry when he got home from work because he was going out with the missionaries, so he didn't have time to cut into until he got home later. He served himself some ice cream, got out a nice long knife, and tried to cut into the cake. Oh, I got such a good laugh! He was so disappointed, and I just couldn't wait very long to bring out the real cake that I made. The girls were already in bed and missed the moment, which was sad because they were really looking forward to it. But they did get some chocolate cake, so I think they're okay. Thanks for the laugh, Nate!!

4 comments:

julie said...

That's a pretty good one. Phil would be curious because I NEVER bake cakes!

Kellee said...

That's great! Did I tell you about frosting a water balloon and putting half a Barbie on top? I did it to my friend and she cut it and whoosh! It was great. I hadn't thought of using the cake pans though.

Brigette Little said...

Hilarious! I'm going to have to try that one...

Susan said...

I heard Mommy laughing so hard but I didn't think I could go downstairs to laugh too. But I was still laughing in bed! Hannah