Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cake Pops

I was swallowing one of these when I started my workout this morning. There is something seriously wrong with me.
 I love food blogs. I'm always amazed at the pictures. They are half of the fun of checking the websites. Obviously, I won't be starting my own food blog anytime soon. :) I've seen these cake pops in several places, but I think Bakerella gets the credit for them.
They look so cool and can be decorated in a thousand different ways. Nikki wants them for her birthday, and I thought I would go ahead and give them a try for Valentine's. Good thing I did. They are not nearly as easy as the beautiful pictures on the food blogs might make you think. These are the kinds of pictures they don't show you:


What happens when you don't follow directions.

And then what happens when you just don't have that hand-eye coordination and gift of art that probably comes along with the gene of great photography. And also what happens when your cute little helper just can't wait anymore!

In the end, I finally got some to turn out alright. I learned a few things, and maybe with a little more practice by the time May rolls around I'll be able to present some at a birthday party.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I love that you showed us the real deal. :) Those look delicious--even the not-so-perfect ones. That looks like something I need to try!

julie said...

They are amazing. I have found they are never as easy as they look on the blogs.

Kim said...

I love the messed up ones...you get to eat those along the way! They look GREAT and oh so yummy. Also, very impressive V-day crafts below. Wow!