Sunday, February 13, 2011

Our Toothless Gymnast

Nikki had a gymnastics meet yesterday, and of course I forgot my camera! Then I forgot to have her pose for me in her leotard when we got home. At least I got a picture of her today. She did so well. There were 5 girls in her level and she placed 1st on the beam and 3rd all-around. It is so fun to watch her. Her first meet was last November, and I was really impressed with how much improvement she has made since then. I think I might claim all of her trophies and ribbons. With how much I have to remind her that she can't do handstands in a dress or nightgown, or that she can't do cartwheels when other people are close by, or that she should really make sure she is in the middle of the room so she doesn't break her foot when she kicks the wall, or that she has to finish getting ready in the morning before she practices her walkovers, or that gymnastics really doesn't invite reverence when we're gathering for scriptures -- I feel like I have earned an award to survived this long.

On another note, she has lost both of her front teeth in the last couple of weeks. It kind of made me sad when she lost the first one. It seems like once those new front teeth come in, they just start looking so much older. I'll miss my little girl, but then again, maybe growing up a little won't be all that bad. :)

2 comments:

Kellee said...

I never thought of the new front teeth as a sign of them growing up, but you're right. It takes away their little kid look and gives them a much bigger look. I always love how kids at that age love their look. It's a good think that doesn't happen in Jr. High or something :)

Kristen said...

She has to be the cutest gymnast ever! And I'm so glad I'm not the only mom who forgets to take pictures of events! I had to run out to the car to get the crazy day pictures of the kids. Poor things were already in and buckled when I remembered. And that is just one of the lucky times I actually DID remember. :)