Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chocolate party


This was such a fun cake to make. I don't even know how many heart cakes Hannah has had over the years, so when I saw this cake that looked like a box of chocolates I knew it would be perfect for her. She wanted to make it a chocolate party, so we served chocolate waffles for lunch and had chocolate ice cream to go with the cake. It was such a beautiful day, and the kids all went to the park across the street from our house and played for a while. I don't think that's ever happened before with her birthday being in February. :) It was a lot of fun. Thanks to the cousins and aunts and uncles for making it a fun day (we missed you, Sherrie).

On another note, just because I don't have time for a separate post, can I just say I LOVE HAVING NATE HOME!!! He is so wonderful, and I think there were over a hundred different ways he served me the past few days. Don't you know my kitchen counters are clean, the laundry is folded, the dishes are done, and the kids got some great time at the park with Dad yesterday. How does he do it? Thanks for everything, Nate!

5 comments:

julie said...

Maybe Phil needs a business trip. Just joking. He serves me in different ways. Kitchen counters just aren't his thing. Love the "chocolate" party. I think I will have one next week just because I want to! Yum!

Kellee said...

I'm loving that cake! Where do you find your ideas? Not that I'm brave enough to try them, but you never know :)

Glad Nate's home!

Mike and Sherrie said...

Susan, I admire you soooo much when it comes to Nate's traveling lately. You are doing a great job holding down the fort! Very impressive. -Sherrie

Kristen said...

I LOVE that cake. :)

Kim said...

AWESOME on the cake! I love that all these bdays fall around the same time. I've used quite a few of your cake ideas for Jayden. I'll show her this one, too.

And yeah for Nate being home!! I joy in your joy & know my time's coming. We are down to 4 months now. Yippee!