Sunday, September 16, 2007

Cartwheels

Nikki just loves to do cartwheels. If it's suppertime, she'll cartwheel to the table. At bedtime, she cartwheels to her room. We have a runner in our foyer that is just the right length for her flip across, and she loves doing them there. She likes to get some momentum going in the living room and see how many she can do without pausing in between. She is really getting good. I'm sure I never could do one as good as she does. She can even do a one-handed cartwheel. Her dance teacher couldn't believe it when she saw her do that. I think she has done them so much that it's almost an automatic behavior that she doesn't realize she's doing. It's so funny to watch her sometimes. Yesterday she was crying about something I told her she couldn't have, and while she was still whining she pulled off a beautiful cartwheel right in the kitchen. When Nate started laughing at her she got upset and said, "It's not funny -- I'm crying." Nate tried to explain to her that doing cartwheels while you're crying is funny, but she didn't quite see the humor. Hannah and I did, though. The other night after her bath, she broke out in cartwheels before she got dressed. We couldn't help but laugh at that, but we certainly went to get pajamas very quickly. Today I caught her trying to cartwheel through the foyer at church in her dress. I guess we're due to have a talk about modesty. It will be interesting to see what she does with this talent in the future.

1 comment:

Kellee said...

Sound like you might have a little gymnist! You'll have to add a little video of some of her talent. I can't do one now to save my life!

Sorry I wasn't help on your paper, but you did a great job. I was in St. George and didn't read your blog in time to contribute. We completely ignore any whining and then when they stop we thank them for stop whining or crying and then ask them to repeat nicely what they want.