Sunday, September 02, 2007

Cleaning day


Yesterday morning I told the girls that their job was to pick up the stuff on all the floors so that I could vacuum. They complained a little bit at first, but they did it. When I went upstairs with the vacuum I was very impressed because all of their toys are up there, and it had been a huge mess but was all cleaned up -- at least I thought it was until I opened the closet door. I couldn't believe they had stuffed a bunch of things in the closet. That's something I would have done when I was supposed to be cleaning my room! I got a good laugh and then I called Hannah upstairs. She saw what I was looking at and grinned and said, "Oops." Maybe she was hoping if she was cute enough she could get out of cleaning it up -- didn't work.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

That is too funny. My kids did a similar thing...just under the bed. And it was sooooo something I would have done too. I was all about getting out of a little work if I could. :) Elise's reaction reminded me a little of Hannah's too. Elise sort of had this look like, "How did that happen? I had no idea that wasn't where it was supposed to go!" Oh well....kids! :)

Kellee said...

That totally sounds like you! Remember the video Joe made for me when I was at Ricks? I love the end when mom shows your room all cleaned up...and then the hallway!

Susan said...

Crazy kids!

Nate still laughs about that video. When she turned the camera to the pile in the hallway, I said, "Mama, that's not fair." He thinks my accent was hilarious, and I have to admit it was pretty thick. I don't quite have it back to that extent, but sometimes I can hear myself fall back into it.