Thursday, September 27, 2007

Field Trip to the Farm

Nikki's preschool took a field trip to a farm today. We went last year, and Nikki was excited to go again. This is Sweet Anne. She's getting to be a pretty old donkey, so she couldn't give the kids a ride like she did last year. They all got to get up on her for a photo shoot, though. They could also feed the animals carrots and apples. I didn't have any in the fridge, and I didn't get to the store like I had planned to yesterday, so I didn't have to worry about Nikki getting her fingers bitten off.

An ostrich (or whatever this huge thing was) on a farm in the middle of nowhere in North Carolina? How about that.


I think the kitten was Nikki's favorite. She especially liked it when everyone else cleared out for a litttle bit and she got to play with her all on her own.


The pond was really low. Mr. Hinnant, the owner, said he has never seen it get this low before. We could use a lot of rain around here. There are no birds in this picture, but there are ducks and geese and turkeys all around that we got to throw some bread to.

All in all, a fun trip.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love the new look! Very nice! Sounds like a fun trip. My kids are itching for the state fair. Besides the rides, the animals are their favorite things. We can't wait!!!!