Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I'm sorry, very expensive and pretty matchbox

I got to meet another neighbor this morning. Too bad it was because I crunched his car as I was pulling out of my driveway. The side of that sporty little Mazda folded like a piece of paper. Maybe it will be a good lesson for him because if he had a little fender bender on the freeway in that matchbox he would be in the hospital. Who cares if it's easy on the eyes? I only drive a Honda Civic. What if I had an SUV or mini-van or was going more than 5 mph? Well, at least I get to tell Nate about it later tonight when I can use a calm voice that says everything is okay rather than the high-pitched, words-coming-out-of-my-mouth-faster-than-I-can-form-them voice that the neighbor witnessed this morning. What a nice first impression.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

You're absolutely right! Lucky for him you were around to teach him that important lesson. :)

Kellee said...

Glad you're okay and it was just minor. Those Carolina drivers are crazy! :) I didn't know drivers who forget to put bananas in banana pudding are also the kind who forget to look behind them while backing up. ha ha

Brigette Little said...

I'm so sorry! Moments that that are no fun at all.

julie said...

I am so sorry! Is everyone okay? I'm not sure what is worse right now a car accident or surgery? I opt to not have either! Thanks for you love and prayers. I hope you are all okay! Word to the wise... don't drive a matchbox to work.

Susan said...

Oh, everyone is fine. His car was parked on the opposite side of the street from my driveway. I guess that makes it worse that I hit a parked car! When I got back home he was gone, and I thought for sure he wouldn't park in front of my driveway anymore, but wouldn't you know he's back?! Genius. If someone has to park there, why couldn't it be the neighbor with the license plate that says "1bigrig" ?!

Kim said...

I'm so sorry! I'm so glad everyone is alright, but it is a pain having to deal with all of that. Thanks for the laugh....you wrote that in a such a funny way!

JW and Alli said...

Sorry! Not a fun start to the day! But you know that street of yours is so tiny with cars parked all over it - I'm surprised it doesn't happen everyday!