Monday, March 30, 2009

General Conference

I'm really looking forward to General Conference next weekend. I was just preparing our lesson for family night tonight, which is going to be on prophets and getting ready to listen to our leaders speak to us next week. I have gotten an email from a couple of different people for the past couple of years with a packet of activity pages to print out for the kids, but I didn't get one this time so I went looking for one online and found this website that had a few different packets to choose from. I printed what pages I wanted from a couple of different files, and I think the girls will enjoy them -- for a few minutes at least.

Actually, they are most looking forward to the game where we have certain topics like missionary work, service, prayer, temples, etc. written beside different bowls of candy. Maybe we'll just do different color jellybeans or M&Ms. Whenever they hear a speaker mention that word or topic they get a piece of candy from the bowl. Hopefully I will be able to keep my hands out of the bowl until I hear the right word!

2 comments:

Kellee said...

I have some of those packets websites too if you need more. I have "bingo" cards ready and diff. packets for Savannah than Karoline and Chris.

We LOVE conference too!!!!

JW and Alli said...

My kids love the games with the candy, too!! But you know, at least they are listening, right? :)