Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oh, my baby!

Ryan had his 6-month check-up this morning, and he's finally starting to thin out! He's now at 50% in weight instead of 80%! However, that is because he has put himself on an exercise routine -- meaning that if he is awake he won't stop moving. What happened to my calm and content baby? He is still happy, but he is very interested in everything around him. He has even already been trying to play with electrical outlets and he can't even crawl yet. Yes, I'm afraid of what life will be like when he can crawl. The nurse couldn't believe how active he was. She said she didn't think she had ever had a 6-month-old quite like him. Great. He was grabbing her watch, her pen, he wanted to suck on the measuring tape. When we laid him down, he wanted to roll off the examining table. When we sat him up he wanted to jump off of the table. He wanted to get to the baby in the mirror. Whew! He was everywhere. The doctor just laughed at him and said he could see how he has been burning a few extra calories -- and I'm going to be burning a few more calories when he starts crawling, too. It's a good thing he's cute! Didn't I say before we had a third, that we already had two calm lovely children, so what could the chances be that we would have three like that? Oh well. We love him anyway.

7 comments:

Kellee said...

Oh boy! Literally :) I always hear boys are harder toddlers but easier teenagers. We'll see. Just wait until he's 3 and we'll see if he's just as "creative" as Luke has been. Thank goodness Luke is growing out of his extreme curious stage!

Kim said...

I must say that I have been most surprised at the difference between boys & girls. I keep asking Mom if Jayden was like this & I just forgot. Jayden was quite active, but Wyatt wins out by a long shot! Speaking of which, I better go find him.

julie said...

I think I will enjoy my little one that just wants to sit on mom's lap for now. I know it won't last much longer although he could us a little thinning out. But then I will miss the rolls... I guess you can't win!

Kristen said...

Looks like you're going to have your hands full!! :)

JW and Alli said...

At least you know from others' experience what to be on the lookout for - maybe your house won't get painted with Crisco?! And by the way, apparently boys and golf carts don't mix. :)

Kellee said...

Listen to Alli!!!!!

Susan said...

Well, I'm just glad to know that other boys are like this, and it's not just MY boy. I don't think I'll keep Crisco in my house after his 2nd birthday. =) Let me know of anything else that needs to go. Oh, Kristen, I've learned from you to get rid of the superglue!