Monday, November 10, 2008

Because I'm supposed to be writing a paper ...

8 favorite TV shows :
1. The Cosby Show
2. American Idol
3. Alias
4. Loony Tunes
5. Rachel Ray
6. I Love Lucy
7. Bob Ross painting his "happy trees"
8. any cooking or home design show (I'm no good at either and love seeing people who are)

8 things I did yesterday:
1. church
2. straightened Hannah's hair
3. helped Hannah write a talk for Primary
4. watched Hannah give said talk (she did a great job)
5. cooked pancakes for supper
6. planned this week's menu
7. read Elder Nelson's conference talk
8. relaxed

8 things I look forward to:
1. Thanksgiving break
2. date night
3. finishing my paper
4. then finishing this stinkin' history class
5. naptime
6. picking the girls up from school (it's been so quiet here today)
7. Nikki putting the groceries away for me this afternoon-- she's trying to earn money for a Tinkerbell doll
8. eggnog because then it really will feel like Christmas is coming!

8 favorite restaurants:
1. The Olive Garden
2. Applebee's
3. The Melting Pot
4. Torero's
5. Parker's (or any good Carolina BBQ)
6. Chic-fil-A
7. Granddaddy White's cooking
8. IHOP

8 things on my wishlist:
1. new camera
2. lots of new shoes
3. hot tub (I can dream, right?)
4. birthday get-away (hint, hint Nate :})
5. 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep
6. that I didn't have to write this awful paper
7. a house in the country where my neighbors can't see in my windows
8. a trip to some tropical paradise

8 people to tag:
1-8. I don't know that I have 8 people who read my blog, but if you have something like writing a paper to procrastinate then I tag you. =)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh, I loved your list! So what is this awful paper about?

Susan said...

I'm taking an awful history class, and I actually like history. This lesson was about British Imperialism in Africa, India, and China. It wouldn't be so bad if the textbook didn't put me to sleep so quickly. My paper was a response to this question, "British military power was a central factor, but what else might have persuaded Indian kingdoms to willingly subject themselves to the British Empire?" Ugh! But I did it! I'm done, and I can promise you that I will not be revising it!

Kristen said...

Reminds me of the World Civilizations teacher I had my first semester in college. Everything that came out of his mouth bored me to tears. It was all I could do to make it through class time. I think he could have made a trip to the Disneyworld seem like the dullest thing ever. I'm glad you made it through it. :) Hopefully the next assignment will be better.

Kellee said...

That's funny that you're supposed to be writing a paper, but you were blogging instead. Did I teach you that? :) Hope your paper is done by now and it went well.