Sunday, November 23, 2008

A great week

First, after reading over my last post, I think I may have come across sounding like I was being mean to Nate. I love my husband, and I love that he can laugh at himself. We have a good time laughing at all the crazy things that he gets himself into. For instance, at this last campout he wore thermal underwear and a flannel shirt and huge thermal socks. Makes sense to do when camping in mid-November, right? Maybe not. That night the temperature got down maybe into the 50s, and since it was raining pretty much the whole time the humidity was at 100%. He was dying! See, that's where I get my "poor Nate." Even though he was sweating, he did stay mostly dry from the rain and had a good time at the campout.

So, after he was gone last weekend, he had a business trip to take during the week. I didn't think I could take having him gone again for so long, so at the last minute I decided to go with him. I called my wonderful brother and sister-in-law to watch the girls for us, and we had a great time away. No cooking, cleaning, dishes, or laundry for a whole week, and I got three lessons of my history class done during the day while Nate was in his training classes. I also got all of my Christmas shopping done for everyone except a little thing or two for Hannah. When we picked the girls up yesterday, Hannah was pretty clingy. I think she missed us, but Nikki probably could have handled another week away. Thanks so much for watching them, Mike & Sherrie. What a wonderful week, and now we have Thanksgiving coming up this week! Life is good.

2 comments:

Kellee said...

That's cool you got to go with him and get some things done without having to do "chores". Awesome. We just got our Christmas shopping done yesterday! Feel great! All we need is some candy and we're 100% done!

Glad you're home though...I've missed your posts.

Kristen said...

I totally didn't think you meant anything by your last post. Nate sounds like me. :) I feel like something crazy always happens to me. Its nice to know it happens to other people.

I'm glad you went with Nate. Cory went to Phoenix for half of a week several weeks ago and I thought I would perish. :) It's been so long since he's traveled that I've gotten pretty attached to him. But we survived. :)

I've missed your posts too.