Friday, November 14, 2008

I love these kids!


The other day Nikki said to me, "Mom, we're not kids. That's baby goats. We're your children." She's too cute. I think if she ever got in trouble with the law she could whine her way out of jail. The guards would be begging the judge to send her home. It's amazing how she can turn a simple task into a drawn-out-all-day "why-do-I-have-to-do-this-but-I'm-thirsty-but-I-want-to-play-a-game" affair. It's a very good thing she is cute.
Ryan is trying to figure out what his hands are. I love watching the confused looked he gets when he puts them in front of his face. He doesn't quite get it yet. And I want my happy baby back. Is it possible that his reflux is getting worse because he's growing and eating more? Maybe his medicine isn't doing enough for him now? He's been out of whack for a couple of weeks, and it's progressively getting worse. He's not sleeping well, and he's too uncomfortable to eat well. I think I'm going to call the pediatrician today. I'm ready for a break, so I'm sure he is, too.
And then we have our sweet Hannah. I am so proud of her for the progress she is making in school. Moving to 2nd grade in a new school where the other kids were almost a whole grading period ahead of her was quite a challenge. But she has really worked hard, and I love watching her learn. She is also such a great helper with Ryan and Nikki. I hope someday they appreciate how blessed they are to have such a wonderful big sister. And her big news.......... one of her top teeth is starting to come in! Now she'll be able to eat corn on the cob again!

1 comment:

Kellee said...

You really do have great kids. I had a lot of fun playing with them. I wish we had one day just at your house and could dance with your girls some more...