Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa


Nate's parents came to visit us for a whole week, and it was wonderful to have them here. I hope we didn't wear them out too much. I'm sure they will be happy to sleep in their own bed tonight with no crying babies around! The girls were in heaven with Grandma and Grandpa always ready to play a game or read a story to them. Hannah even asked Grandpa some questions about the election last night. They were able to watch the girls' gymnastics class last week, and H&N loved that. On Sunday, I was in the mother's lounge with Ryan when Nate's dad bore his testimony in Sacrament meeting. We could hear it over the speaker, and another lady who was in there with me said, "You must feel really lucky to have in-laws like that." She was right. I am blessed to have them as in-laws and grandparents for our children. We only wish we lived closer and could visit with them more often.

3 comments:

JW and Alli said...

Looks like you've had quite the week! I'm sure the girls have enjoyed Gma and Gpas undivided attention. Thats great that they've been off-track during the visit. It was fun seeing your place on Sunday - it didn't seem so small after all. I also loved watching the girls say goodbye to eachother with many hugs and kisses. I took your advice and read Kellee and Brigette's recent posts on the election. They were uplifting - what I needed. After all, Thanksgiving is right around the corner and there are so many things that we all have to be grateful for. :) Hope you have a relaxing week ahead!

Kim said...

They CAME!!! How fun! I'm excited to get back to Utah so my younguns can get some snuggles too! I'm glad you had such a fun time!

Kellee said...

I love all our posts you did IN ONE DAY! You sure were busy for a while. Love the pictures and glad you had fun with your in-laws.