Monday, November 24, 2008

Look what this baby has done to me!

Has anyone ever gone bald because they had a baby? I would like to know that I'm not the first. I remember losing a lot of hair with my other babies, but I think I had more then to lose. I've been doing laundry this morning, and I've been pulling strands of my hair off of everyone's clothes even after coming out of the dryer. It made me think of Gary. He was so grossed out to be living in a house full of girls whose hair seemed to be everywhere. Maybe Santa will need to bring me a wig.

Yesterday Nikki was sitting on my lap in church and she said, "Mom, why is your tummy a little bit big?" Just tell it like it is, Nikki. If only the truth wasn't so brutal. I told her it was because I had a baby and I like to eat ice cream.

I must say Ryan is worth a bald head and a squishy tummy. He has been doing so much better since we got a new reflux medicine for him. Yesterday Nikki burned her finger pretty badly on my hair straightener, and Ryan was the only one who could get a smile out of her. For the past three days, I have found him playing happily in his crib in the morning. He is the sweetest little boy. Everyone says to just wait three years, but I'm choosing to not think about him growing up yet. I am enjoying this sweet stage where I can leave him in one place and he'll still be there when I get back. He can't talk back. He's sleeping well most of the time. He doesn't require a lot of entertainment. He is just perfect right now.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I lost a lot of hair each time. I lost it all over, but I could really tell on my part line which looked thinner and when it started growing back in, it looked like I had bangs b/c I lost so much. Babies sure take a toll on your body, but you're right--its worth it!!!

You probably do need to watch out in 3 years, but Ian thinks I'm wonderful in a different way than the girls do. I think he thinks the sun rises and sets with me. Its so cute. :)

Mike and Sherrie said...

I'm right there with you with the thinning hair issue. My pony tail is so much smaller than it used to be and the shower drain is always full! Kids always keep life interesting! We were happy to have your girls last week. The 4 of them got along really well and I was thinking that as they get older it gets easier having them all together. They all played so hard that Lydia and Eliza took Sunday naps, if you can believe that!. It was wonderful!! -Sherrie

Kellee said...

Yep! Always lost a lot of hair. I loved watching new hair grow back right in the front too :)

Glad you're enjoying him so much. And kids ARE VERY honest, aren't they? Savannah is the one in our family whom you can depend on to say something embarrassing.

JW and Alli said...

I always started pulling out hand fulls of hair while showering when my newborn hit about 3-4 months. I didn't enjoy the phase when it was growing back in and I ended up having short pieces of hair right by my ear, bang line, and sticking up in my part line - but hey, at least it grows back!! There are some good things like maybe it doesn't take so long to blow dry and straighten? :)

Kim said...

3 months was the magic number for me....red hair EVERYWHERE!!! Now, I have lovely wanna-be bangs where it's going back in! I get a really bad receeding hairline....it's lovely. Plus, I'm getting LOTS of grey hair! AAAAHHH! (hard to hide amongst the red.)

Chris and Molly said...

oh please don't tell me that, I can already tell my hair is much thinner than it used to be and i haven't had kids yet!