Saturday, November 15, 2008

Poor Nate

I've been chuckling to myself all morning thinking about Nate. He just had some terrible luck last night, and it reminded me of this story. One time he went shopping for me at Wal-Mart. He said it took him over an hour to get everything in his cart, and then when he got to the check-out he found that he had forgotten to bring his wallet. So, the nice cashier said she would just hold his basket of goods while he ran home and came back with the money. He got home, came and told me what he had done, we had a good laugh, and he left again for the store. When he got back up to the register ..... he had forgotten to pick up his wallet at home!!! HaHaHa! I still laugh at that one. Some sweet lady behind him in line took pity on him and paid for his groceries. I'm sure she never thought she would see that money again with how absentminded he was that day, but he did come straight home and write a thank you note that he mailed her with a check.

So, anyway, that just illustrates the kind of things that happen to Nate. Last night he was on a scout leadership training campout. The night before Ryan woke up every hour after 2 am. I commented to him that he would probably be excited to be sleeping on the ground just to get away from an infant. Then it rained ALL NIGHT LONG last night. And the wind is still blowing and it is still raining this morning. HaHaHa!! I know I should be nicer, and in my defense I have been praying for him, but I can't wait for him to get home and hear the stories of what has happened to him. The poor guy just can't get a break.

On the other hand the girls and I had a great night. Since it was just us girls (and baby Ryan, of course) on a Friday night, we decided it was time to welcome in the Christmas season. We made sugar cookies, got some egg nog, broke out the Christmas music, and started making some paper ornaments for our Christmas tree. I let the girls stay up as late as they wanted, and they had a pretty surprised look on their faces when I told them I was going to bed. I don't know how late they stayed up, but they were both on the couches when I got up at 2 am. Ryan at least just woke up once last night instead of 4 times, which makes me think of Nate again! HaHa!

1 comment:

Kellee said...

You and Nate sound a lot alike :) Poor guy!

That's fun you had fun with the girls. We broke out our Christmas music yesterday too! 2 a.m. is pretty late...good job girls!