Monday, May 11, 2009

Cooking Day

Last Thursday we had cooking day, and it was a lot of fun. Hannah wanted to make pizzas that she had learned how to put together in Activity Days at church. You just assemble the pizzas on tortillas and bake them, but I didn't have any tortillas so that was our first item to make. Maybe it was because I haven't had a white flour tortilla in forever, or maybe this really was a great recipe, but they were fabulous!! The girls had fun making them and did great rolling them out. I was very impressed. And then they topped them with pizza sauce, cheese, and lots of pepperonis. I put ham on mine.

And here is the best part of cooking day -- licking the spoons and bowls! We also made No-Bakes after lunch.



That's about all of the cooking we got done because we ended up going somewhere that afternoon and evening -- can't think of where off the top of my head. My memory is just about as good as Dad's.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kellee said...

We do A LOT of cooking and I love teaching the kids and letting them do it themselves when they're ready. It's awesome when you daughter can make cookies and cakes without your help and all you have to do it eat them :)

Kim said...

I LOVE no-bakes....can you tell I'm hungry right now?!?