Saturday, May 16, 2009

Party time!

Happy birthday, sweet Nikki! She waited almost a whole week for her party, but it sure was fun. I must say I was really pleased with how her cake turned out. For the past six months she has been talking about the kitty cake she wanted. Then last week she decided she wanted a flower cake. I told Alli that it was fun to say that I made everything from scratch (except the gumdrops and toothpicks), but she said I sounded too country. So, I'll call this a homemade cake instead. How's that sound, Alli? :)

Umm, Hannah?

Poor Jay got a white flower, which certainly wasn't the color he wanted.

Cute Brenna, or Budha, as I heard Alli call her. :)

What great cousins we have!

Nikki wanted a swim party, and even though the weather forecast called for rain, the kids had a great time in the water.





The birthday song. I bet she gets her wish anyway. What's one little candle?

5 comments:

julie said...

You are amazing. First the new workout plan and now the "homemade" cake. You are setting a new standard I know I can't live up to!

Kellee said...

I always love the see the cakes you do. I'm not that motivated!

Glad you had a great party, Nikki!

JW and Alli said...

Cute, cute pics of a fun, fun party! :) I loved the cake from "scratch".

Kim said...

You always have the cutest cakes! (and from scratch...I'm super impressed!) It looks like it was a great birthday week for her.

Kristen said...

Looks like a great birthday party! The cake is really good. My poor children have never had a pretty cake. I'm horrible at cake decorating. And yours looks pretty and yummy!