Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A tender mercy today

The Church has a new internet radio station that I turned on for the first time this morning to check it out. There was a whole series of songs and scriptures and quotes about joy and happiness and good cheer. Just last night Nate and I had a conversation about how we need to relax and have more joy in our home. So often lately it has felt like we spend most of our time at home rushing to get chores and homework and supper and all the necessary things of life done that when any extra time comes around we are all exhausted and grumpy. That's not how things are supposed to be, and we were talking about changes we need to make to just be happier and calmer at home. So, what I heard on the radio station was a wonderful reinforcement of what we had just talked about. We are so blessed, and I just need to take a step back and breathe and enjoy where we are in life. The Lord is so kind, and I'm grateful He gave me that reminder today.

3 comments:

Kellee said...

It's always good to get a reminder to relax and enjoy life a little more.

I keep thinking about how right my friend was a few months ago. This probably doesn't apply to you guys because you're not "worried" just busy, right? Anyway, she said if I'm too worried and stressed out about life, then that means I'm not totally putting my trust in the Lord. I've been working on my faith ever since because she's right. I should never worry...He is always there to help us.

And He's always there to remind us... Glad you found that station. I'll have to look it up.

Kristen said...

Have you or your kids listened to the scripture stories one? Ian listened to it the other day and LOVED it. He sat still and listened the entire 30 minutes. It was a miracle. :)

Susan said...

We haven't listened to the scriptures stories part. We'll have to do that.