Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Growing up

Nikki has decided that she is not having just a birthday but a birthday month! She just happens to be lucky enough to have a sister that is excited about that. Hannah has made her several presents and even let her open a couple. She has to wait for most of them, though. This is Nikki's present collection so far, and she still has another week to go. I don't know if our mantle is going to be big enough.

Just threw this picture in because everyone should be able to see this ball of chubby cuteness.


Go, you can do it! Wait, not yet! I feel so torn between cheering him on and wanting to pull him down and hold him back. If he keeps learning and growing he won't be my baby much longer. Can he really be learning to stand?

Here's a clip of his crawl. He's a little unorthodox with his one knee and one foot, but he's quick. Especially when the refrigerator is open, or as you can see, someone leaves some form of contraband out in the open.

5 comments:

JW and Alli said...

Hannah sure has the gift of giving. That is a wonderful thing.

julie said...

I understand. I like the baby phase but I am so excited for Ammon to learn new things. The foot/knee crawl is awesome.

Kellee said...

Smart Nikki! My girls would crawl like Ryan when they had dresses on. He's pretty fast!

I noticed your clavinova! I love mine...how do you like yours? Did you finally get rid of the huge beast?

Kristen said...

Nikki and Elise could be twins. Today is Elise's birthday, but she's been celebrating for a while now and doesn't show any signs of stopping. :)

I feel the exact same way about Paige. I love it and want to cry all at the same time. :)

Susan said...

Happy birthday to Elise! Eight years just flew by, didn't they?

Yes, Kellee, we got rid of the old piano. It was a bittersweet moment for me. That's probably the only thing I have ever been sentimental about, but we gave it to someone who fixes antique player pianos for a hobby. It was too big for the house we have now, and it was just getting in worse shape every time we moved. I really do like the Clavinova. It is so nice that Hannah can practice any time of day -- naptime or not. And it's in tune!