Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Aquarium

Hannah had a field trip to the aquarium today. =) We all had so much fun together.

We watched a show about turtles. The lady had several different kinds that are found in North Carolina that she showed us and talked about. Afterwards, the kids could go up and touch them (with the exception of the snapping turtle of course). I was a little surprised that Hannah and Nikki wanted to. I sure didn't.

There was also a 1/2 mile nature walk that we enjoyed. It was such a beautiful day. We saw some birds, a couple of squirrels, and we even identified some poison ivy.
This bridge didn't bother the girls walking across it, but there was one bridge that was a floating bridge that I wasn't sure they were going to get over. If they would have gone on by themselves it would have been fine, but they got a little nervous that the boards moved around when they stepped on them. And when I came and added my weight to the mix the water started seeping up over some of the boards. It wasn't a big deal. It was just marshy land, so it's not like we would have been swimming out, but they were sure glad when we finally got to the other side.
This tank was neat because they had quite a few sharks in it. A couple of them were a pretty good size.






A very fun day. Hannah said her favorite part was seeing the jellyfish, and Nikki said her favorite was ... I can't remember. I'm tired and very glad to be home.

3 comments:

Kellee said...

How fun! This means you must have been feeling pretty good today. I'm so glad.

Brigette Little said...

I love the big crab! How fun.

Kristen said...

How fun!!!! I haven't been in years!! I think we took Elise when she was little bitty, but she wouldn't remember a thing about it. That would make a fun day trip. I also want to go to the zoo this spring before it gets too hot.