Thursday, March 06, 2008

Yes! It's Over!

I did it! This morning was my appointment at the skin center to finish getting the mole on my back removed. Nate came with me, which was very comforting to not have to worry about driving myself. It ended up that I was okay, though. No fainting spells this time. On the way home afterwards I was telling Nate how relieved I was to have it done, and he just started laughing at me. He said, "I can't believe you had a baby naturally and you were all stressed out over that." I had to laugh, too. It really was so simple of a procedure. In fact, Nate missed it. He had a magazine out when the doctor came in, and by the time he looked up the doctor was done. I don't care how silly it is, I really am glad it's over!

4 comments:

Kellee said...

Yeah! No fainting! Did you have Nikki naturally? I didn't know.

Susan said...

I did have her naturally and I consider it a better delivery than when I had Hannah with an epidural. I read a book by Dr. Bradley, maybe you've heard of the Bradley method before. I'm not a very holistic-naturalistic type of person, and I didn't think he was extreme in that direction. I must admit that I was very blessed with a quick delivery. If it had taken very much longer, I may have been begging for some medicine. Kind of crazy that I can do that but I can't look at a needle isn't it?

Kellee said...

The only way I did Savannah naturally was because she came so fast. I was going to do it again with Luke, but he didn't come as fast and got tired of it real fast!

Kristen said...

You're much braver than I am. I wouldn't even consider it. :) I'm a total pain wimp. With Merry Grace, I went in for my dr. to check me out and I was already at a 5. The doctor had to send me right over to the hospital and called ahead to get my epidural set up. My nurses kept trying to convince me to just go natural. I was like, "No way." I think b/c I've had such great experiences with the epi. I'm not in a hurry to switch. I mean, it was seriously like a party. No pain, Cory & I played games, watched tv and just hung out. Then I had a baby. And felt little to no pain. Like I said, hard for me to consider another way. :) But I have a friend having a home birth this time and I'm always just a little bit in awe. Definitely impressive. Good luck!