Thursday, March 20, 2008

It's a Boy!

It's official. Nate has believed it from the beginning, but the ultrasound today confirmed that we are having a boy. It's a new idea to think of having a son, but I am excited. Nikki, on the other hand, may just have to wait to meet the sweet little one before she likes the idea. I wish I had a picture of her face when I told the girls. Alli kept them for me during my appointment and when I got back Emma, Lexi, Hannah, and Nikki had all voted on whether it would be a boy or girl, and they wanted to know the verdict. Nikki's face was stricken like having a boy was a terrible disease. It was pretty hard not to laugh. Emma was really excited and so I think that helped Nikki temper her response a little bit. Now it will be fun to tell Nate when he gets home from work.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm sooooooo excited for you guys. I can't wait to see what a cutie he will be. I'm sure Nikki will get used to the idea and love it before long. I really wish I could have seen her face, though. I laughed just thinking about it! :)

Kellee said...

YEAH! Everyone should have the blessing of both...they're so different. Just like they say there is a bond between fathers and daughters, there is also a special bond between mothers and sons. You'll love him! Little Jay and William will have someone they won't have to play Barbie's with!! Awesome. Good luck with the name though. That was the hardest for me. Have Jayden talk to Nikki...she loves Wyatt.

Kim said...

I'm soooo excited for you! You're girls will be such helpers. Jayden is just amazing with Wyatt. I know my boy is only a month old, but he is the snuggliest little bundle of joy! Congrads!