Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Kittens?!

Can you believe that Pearl had kittens last night? Nate told me about 2 weeks ago that he thought she was pregnant, and I said no maybe she's just overeating. But about a week ago I couldn't deny it any longer. We knew she would have them soon because it has been forever since she left our yard. And then it was only the first week that we had her in the garage that she ran around the neighborhood. Nate was pretty grossed out last night by all the mess, and the poor guy was the one who had to take care of the one that didn't live. I tried to go out there but I felt sick from the smell even trying to breathe through my shirt. At least we get to have our baby in a hospital and have the nurses worry about the mess. I left a message this morning with the lady who gave us Pearl, so I guess by this evening we'll know the fate of these poor cats. There is no way we can have four cats around while trying to sell our house. What a pickle we got ourselves into -- no, it was my idea so I got us into it.

8 comments:

Kristen said...

oh my! I'm no help at all. I think kittens and puppies are adorable. I can understand the pregnancy thing, though, and the house-selling thing. Maybe I can talk Cory into getting one of them. Then you'd only have to worry about 3 cats! :)

Kellee said...

How cute! During Grandma's last visit here in Utah, Robin's cat was having kittens and it was fun. I didn't notice the smell, but I wasn't pregnant either. You're girls will love them until you figure out what to do with them. Get her spade quick too! Everytime Robin wanted to get her cat fixed, she would be pregnant again.

Susan said...

Well, I was kind of hoping that the lady we got her from would want to take them, but she just said that if we can't find anyone to take them usually the pet store would be willing to. So, Kristen you have a few weeks to work on Cory. =) There are two brown ones and a black one, and they all have stripes. They are really sweet.

This lady is a real animal lover -- she has a farm with 9 horses, dogs, cats outside, and 4 cats inside, several fish tanks, birds. It made me feel a lot better when she said that she would just leave them in the garage, too.

Kristen said...

Susan, I talked to Cory and (wonder of wonders) he said "yes" to a kitten!!! So we'll definitely take one! I'm so excited. Just email me or something when they're getting close and we'll come pick one up. :) YAY!!!

JW and Alli said...

Sorry Susan. I'm definitely no help here! :) But I think the kids would love to come and see the kittens some time. They've never seen any so young before. You could turn this into home schooling science 101 for your girls. It could be a very educational opportunity!

Susan said...

Kristen, that is really great that you guys can have one. I'll have to take some pictures soon -- maybe one day when it's warm enough to open the garage to air it out for a while.

And Alli, I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of a lesson yet. I think I've answered all the reproductive questions I care to for now!

Kim said...

Amen to answering all the reproductive questions you care to! Having a new baby sure takes care of that....maybe cats would be easier to explain!

Kristen said...

Susan, that sounds great! We'd love to look at the pictures. I haven't told the kids yet, but they will be soooooooooooooooo excited.

Amen from this end on the reproductive questions, too. :) Glad to know others are dealing with it too.