Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Ahhh....

Oh, Kellee, no! I disagree with your funny comment about showers so much that I have to make a post about it! I consider my shower to be my daily spa treatment. And our energy bill reflects how much I love that hot water, but Nate doesn't complain because paying that bill seems like a small price to pay for my sanity. Those moments of solitude. Ahhh. The phone can be ringing, the kids screaming, or laughing, or begging for a drink, or tearing the house apart -- and I don't care. For those few moments (and perhaps I take more than a few) I'm ALONE. I can think. Contemplate. Meditate. The massage of the water on my neck even on days when Nate is too busy to give me a massage. AHHH. If the baby wakes up before I get out, well, he'll still be awake when I finally turn the water off. Then I can love on him the way I should because I have been rejuvenated. And, by the way, I do find the time to wash while I'm in there, too.

2 comments:

Kellee said...

Ha Ha!!! I love my showers too. Joe doesn't understand how I can stand it to be so hot and I never want to get out either. Karoline must have inherited our genes in that department...she'll take a 30 minute shower if I don't knock on her door every 5 minutes to keep her going. We're waiting for her right now to start school...

Kristen said...

YES!!!! My shower is my lifesaver. That and a chocolate bar. :) Ah, life is good...