Thursday, January 29, 2009

NC Museum of Art

The first two days of track-out have been a lot of fun. Yesterday we went to storytime at the library, and today we took in a little culture at the art museum. You know, there are a lot of naked sculptures and paintings in the museum. Sheesh! We had a good time anyway.

This picture is contraband. I overlooked the fine print that said there is not supposed to be any photography in the modern art gallery. Oops. Nikki said this looked like Cookie Monster, and I think she gave a better interpretation than the artist who said she was painting a deer.


When we got home the girls made their own version of one of the paintings we saw that was made out of shapes and colors. Hannah's actually looks very similar to the one at the museum. Nikki added her own touch with a picture of an apple, a yo-yo, and a balloon tucked in there. I thought those were kind of random objects -- maybe she'll be a great abstract artist!

5 comments:

Kellee said...

I love both new posts. Ryan is growing so fast. I made the mistake of taking a picture of some art this summer at an art festival. I didn't think of it either and the artist said, "don't you think you should ask first?" I felt horrible! He gave us a postcard to take instead. Glad you're having fun with the kids. Their art is beautiful!

julie said...

Don't you know that ANYTHING can be art these days. I love what you did with your girls though. What a fun project. I like there art better than the museum art!

JW and Alli said...

Looks like fun! I think Nikki was right on with Cookie Monster!

JW and Alli said...

Emma and Lexi agree with Nikki's interpretation of the painting. Cookie Monster! :)

Brigette Little said...

We think it looks like Cookie Monster, too...just for the record!