Monday, January 05, 2009

Off to a New Year

Nate and the girls are off to work and school, and Ryan is down for a nap. What -- do I hear silence? While it does feel really good to get back into the groove of things and the girls were excited to go back to school this morning, I'm a little sad. I have enjoyed having so much family time over the holidays. No homework, no alarm clocks, just relaxing and playing games. It was great. However, it is a good thing that time doesn't stand still. We were planning some family goals last night, and I'm excited to accomplish those together as a family. Hannah was really into the planning and made out a schedule for what she is supposed to do each day. This morning she was carrying it around with her from the breakfast table to the bathroom to getting her shoes. It was really cute. So, I guess I should stick to my schedule and get a shower while I can. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Elise was NOT excited for school this morning. NOT AT ALL. Oh well. I've had lots of fun the last few weeks, too, but I live for my routine, so I'm glad to be back on it. We talked about some goals last week at FHE, too, and like you, I'm ready to accomplish them. Or at least work on it. :) Now if I could just get the house back in shape, I'd be set!

Kellee said...

Showers are over-rated :)