Thursday, January 08, 2009

Piano Lessons

Hannah had her first piano lesson today. She said she loved it! I can't tell you how relieved I am. About a year and a half ago she wanted to start lessons, but I didn't want to pay for a teacher because I didn't think she was ready yet. So I told her I would start teaching her. I knew better, but I did it anyway. And she hated it. I thought I had ruined her for life. I was so upset that she didn't even have an interest in going to a real teacher. Then, a few weeks ago she finally sat down at the piano again and said she wanted to take lessons. Hallelujah! Last week I was talking to a lady at church and found out that she had recently graduated from Meredith College with a degree in piano pedagogy. She is such a sweet and mild-mannered lady, which I think is just what Hannah needs. So Hannah has been looking forward to her lesson all week. I got a little nervous when I overheard the teacher telling Hannah she needs to cut her fingernails. She loves her long fingernails, but she told me afterwards that she's okay with it. Yay, Hannah! I'm so excited for her!

1 comment:

Kim said...

That post above is PRICELESS! I started teaching Jayden last year, too. It wasn't bad, but she hasn't asked to continue...hint, hint to me. Do you remember Mary & the nail cutting thing?