Friday, November 20, 2009

Dessert

I'm grateful for yummy desserts! Tonight will probably be popcorn, but I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner next week. Of course I love the turkey and potatoes, but I can't wait for the pumpkin pie. And I'm going to make a No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake, too. Haven't ever made it before but it sure sounds good. Here's the recipe I've had for years but haven't ever tried. I'll let you know next week how it turns out.

No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake

1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup sugar
11 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups whipped topping
1 graham cracker crust

In a small microwave-safe bowl place chocolate chips. Microwave on high 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Set aside to cool. In large mixer bowl beat cream cheese, sugar and butter until smooth. On low speed blend in melted chocolate. Fold in whipped topping until blended; spoon cheese mixture into crust. Cover; chill until firm. Garnish with whipped topping and some shaved chocolate.

No comments: