Tuesday, November 03, 2009

I Am Thankful

I have so much to be grateful for. Yesterday when we were in the grocery store the girls were surprised that Christmas decorations were replacing the Halloween things. What about Thanksgiving, they said. My thoughts exactly. And since we had so much fun with our Halloween chain we are doing a Thanksgiving tree leading up to Thanksgiving. We'll add a leaf everyday with something we're grateful for. Here's mine today:

I'm grateful Ryan hasn't been to the ER, or that we haven't had to call poison control yet. Nate considered it yesterday when he got out of the shower to see him eating deoderant, but thankfully he had just started.



Doesn't he look so sweet and innocent? He is really sweet.
I'm actually not just trying to be funny with this one. I do think that he has had extra protection beyond what I have given him. He has had some scary falls and scrapes and has been into more cabinets and drawers than I have really been prepared for. Whoever it is watching over him, I'm very grateful.

3 comments:

Kellee said...

Your grateful tree sounds like a wonderful idea. Do you mind if I copy you?

I truly believe that our own families on the other side of the veil are our real guardian angels. Who better to watch over us? I bet dad loves to volunteer to watch Ryan and gets a kick out of him at the same time!

Kim said...

Susan, I think I have a picture of Wyatt doing EACH ONE OF THOSE SAME THINGS!!! Too funny! I'm so grateful for guardian angels. I think little boys keep them extra busy!

julie said...

How can anyone resist that little face. Wow, he is cute. Thanks for the healthy vibe. We are all better now.